CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
2022 Armed Forces District (AFD) Annual Meeting
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
October 16 - 19, 2022
The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
The Program Committee of 2022 Armed Forces District (AFD) Annual Meeting of The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists announces the Call for Abstracts for presentation at the 2022 Armed Forces District (AFD) Annual Meeting.
We anticipate receiving a large number of submissions. The committee requests your cooperation and welcomes early submission of abstracts and manuscripts. The abstract may be from basic science or clinical research. Abstracts must be submitted electronically and include all of the requested information.
ABSTRACT DEADLINE - Tuesday, July 19, 2022
Please prepare your submission in accordance with the requirements listed below:
- Abstracts must be typed in the 'abstract text' box, no more than 250 words, single-spaced. Do not indent headings.
- Abstracts should be proofread prior to submission. Abstracts from trainees should be reviewed by the faculty mentor prior
to submission.Abstract data cannot be altered after the submission site is closed. Title and authors may not be changed.
- Projects must have presentation clearance at the time you are submitting
the abstract, which includes documentation of appropriate approval (IRB, PI
- Abstracts must be original work and should not have been published previously.
- We do not accept
projects that are promoting products.
- The initial aspect of the abstract should contain the title, the author(s) name, and respective site(s) of the study. Single space all typing.
- The primary author, one and only one author, required for each abstract, should be identified by selecting the 'Primary Author' option from the 'author type' drop down list. The role of any additional authors (maximum of 4) should be identified by selecting the appropriate 'author type' as the author is added to the submission. Only the primary author will be listed in the meeting program.
- The text should be structured to describe the objective of the study and results of your work. It should include the following headings:
Introduction: a brief statement about the purpose of the study and the current state of research in the field.
Methods: the method(s) of study or data collection used including IRB approval #/name, or other approval authority.
Results: a summary of the study results including sufficient details to support your conclusions.
Conclusions: a statement explaining the significance of your work and the implications for further research.
- If you are submitting a case study, begin the abstract with the words "Case Study" and you may exclude the structure above.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Use numerals to indicate numbers except at the beginning of sentences.
Vanita Murray MDE, CHCP
409 12Th St Sw
Washington, DC 20024-2125
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Identification, Mitigation, and Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
and Agreement for Presenters and Authors
In accordance with requirements from the Accreditation Council for
Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), all faculty at educational programs must
disclose all relevant financial relationships with any ineligible company as
it pertains to the content of the presentation. This process must be completed
even if you have nothing to declare.
Disclosure forms must be updated and submitted for every program. Should it be
determined that a potential conflict exists as a result of a financial
relationship you may have, you will be contacted and methods to mitigate the
conflict will be discussed with you. Failure or refusal to disclose or the
inability to resolve the identified conflict may result in the withdrawal of
the invitation to participate. You
may access the online disclosure form here
If you have previously completed the CME disclosure form, you will be
prompted to use your ACOG website log-in to access the disclosure form. If you
don't remember your password, please click the "forgot password"
link. If you are new to the ACOG website, you will be prompted to create a
log-in to access the disclosure form.
Donald F. Richardson Memorial Prize Paper Awards
Two award winners will receive $2,000 each to cover hotel and travel expenses to attend the Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting.
Please follow the guidelines listed below:
- The primary author must be a Junior Fellow of ACOG and a member of the District where you submit your paper.
- Each District is allowed one submission. All papers submitted to the national office for the Donald F. Richardson award must have been presented at a District meeting or chosen as the first-place scientific paper by your District.
- The manuscript must not be published prior to the 2023 Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting.
- The Districts’ first place Junior Fellow paper must be submitted as ONE document electronically in a MICROSOFT WORD format with a cover letter noting the presenter of the paper, AND one blind copy to the ACOG National Office, Department of Junior Fellow Services to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manuscripts should be prepared in a form suitable for publication consistent with that used by the Green Journal, Obstetrics & Gynecology; however, only the front sheet should designate the name(s) of the author(s). The remaining pages should contain the title of the paper but not the name(s) of the author.
- The primary author of the award-winning manuscript will present the paper orally at the 2023 Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting.
- Each District should submit a copy of the paper to the national office no later than November 30th of each year.