CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
2019 District VI & Wisconsin Section Annual Meeting
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
August 9 - 11, 2019
Grand Geneva Resort and Spa
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
The Program Committee of 2019 District VI & Wisconsin Section Annual Meeting of The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists announces the Call for Abstracts for presentation at the 2019 District VI & Wisconsin Section Annual Meeting.
We anticipate receiving a large number of submissions. The committee requests your cooperation and welcomes early submission of abstracts and manuscripts. The abstract may be from basic science or clinical research. Abstracts must be submitted electronically and include all of the requested information.
ABSTRACT DEADLINE - Monday, July 1, 2019
Please prepare your submission in accordance with the requirements listed below:
- Abstracts must be typed in the 'abstract text' box, no more than 250 words, single-spaced. Do not indent headings.
- Abstracts should be proofread prior to submission. Abstract data cannot be altered after the submission site is closed. Title and authors may not be changed.
- Abstracts must be original work and should not have been published previously.
- The initial aspect of the abstract should contain the title and the author(s) name and respective site(s) of the study. Single space all typing.
- The primary author, one and only one author required for each abstract, should be identified by selecting the 'Primary Author' option from the 'author type' drop down list. The role of any additional authors (maximum of 4) should be identified by selecting the appropriate 'author type' as the author is added to the submission. Only the primary author will be listed in the meeting program.
- The text should be structured to describe the objective of the study and results of your work. It should include the following headings:
Introduction: a brief statement about the purpose of the study and the current state of research in the field.
Methods: the method(s) of study or data collection used.
Results: a summary of the study results including sufficient details to support your conclusions.
Conclusions: a statement explaining the significance of your work and the implications for further research.
- If you are presenting a case study, begin the abstract with the words "Case Study" and you may exclude the structure above.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Use numerals to indicate numbers except at the beginning of sentences.
- The 2019 ACOG Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting will accept abstracts that have been previously submitted/presented at an ACOG Section or District Meeting.
The following error has occurred: Conversion failed when converting from a character string to uniqueidentifier.
In accordance with requirements from the Accreditation Council for
Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), all faculty at educational programs must
disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interests as
it pertains to the content of the presentation. This process must be completed
even if you have nothing to declare.
Disclosure forms must be updated and submitted for every program. Travel
arrangements should not be made prior to completing this process. Should it be
determined that a conflict of interest exists as a result of a financial
relationship you may have, you will be contacted and methods to manage the
conflict will be discussed with you. Failure or refusal to disclose or the
inability to resolve the identified conflict may result in the withdrawal of
the invitation to participate. You
may access the online disclosure form here
If you have previously completed the CME disclosure form, you will be
prompted to use your ACOG website log-in to access the disclosure form. If you
don't remember your password, please click the "forgot password"
link. If you are new to the ACOG website, you will be prompted to create a
log-in to access the disclosure form.
2019 - 2020
Donald F. Richardson Memorial Prize Paper Awards
You will be receiving a Call for Abstracts from your District for oral presentation at your 2019 Fall District meeting. After the oral presentation at the District meeting, each District Chair, or his/her designee, will select the best (one) Junior Fellow manuscript presented and sends that manuscript to ACOG National and ACOG National will send the manuscript to an anonymous College committee appointed to review the manuscripts. This committee will then select the two best manuscripts submitted from all twelve Districts.
The two winning manuscripts will be presented orally (by their authors) at the Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting of The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, April 24 - 27, 2020 in Seattle, WA. The authors of the winning manuscripts will be encouraged to submit the manuscripts to the editor of Obstetrics & Gynecology for possible publication.
The two award recipients will each receive a $2,000 stipend to cover their hotel and travel expenses to the Annual Meeting, and a special certificate that will be presented at the Annual Meeting.
- Principal author must be a Junior Fellow of ACOG at the time of their oral manuscript presentation. To be eligible for the award, you must also be a member of the District where you are presenting your manuscript.
- All manuscripts submitted to the national office for the Donald F. Richardson awards must have been presented orally at your annual Fellow or Junior Fellow Fall District meeting. When the Junior Fellows meet separate from the Fellows, the manuscript submission will be accepted from the Junior Fellow meeting ONLY.
- After the District meeting, the Districts’ first place Junior Fellow manuscript must be submitted as one document electronically in a Microsoft Word format with a cover letter noting the presenter of the manuscript and one blinded copy, to the ACOG National Office, Department of District and Section Activities, no later than Saturday, November 30, 2019.
- The principal author is requested to present the manuscript orally at the Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting.
- The manuscript must not have been published prior to May 2020.
- Manuscripts should be prepared in a form suitable for publication consistent with that used by the College journal, Obstetrics & Gynecology; however, only the front sheet should designate the name(s) of the author(s), the date and the District meeting at which the manuscript was presented. The remaining pages should contain the title of the manuscript but not the name(s) of the author.
To begin the abstract submission process, please click the link “Submit an Abstract for Consideration” below. To edit/view submitted abstracts click the link "Edit/View Submitted Abstracts."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Two Awards - $2,000 Each to cover hotel and travel expenses to attend the Annual Meeting
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *