CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is pleased to announce the call for abstracts for the 2015 Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California, May 2-6, 2015. ACOG accepts abstracts to be considered for oral or poster presentation. All abstracts must be original work, and not previously published or presented at scientific meetings (with the exception of ACOG district and section meetings). All submissions are peer-reviewed and scored based on: scientific merit, originality, and relevancy to obstetrics and gynecology. Accepted abstracts will be published in the May 2015 digital supplement of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
The deadline to submit an abstract for consideration is Friday, September 19, 2014. You will be notified of your acceptance for either an oral or poster presentation by Monday, December 15, 2014.
Abstract Submission Requirements and Information
A limited number of meritorious abstracts will be accepted for oral presentations. Oral presentations will be eligible for awards of $500, $200, and $100. More detailed information about this will be provided upon acceptance of your abstract.
Poster presentation authors must be available to discuss their work and answer questions during the assigned poster session. More detailed information about this will be provided upon acceptance of your abstract.
The title is limited to 100 characters (including spaces), and should be upper and lower case.
The abstract text is limited to 250 words. Please DO NOT include artwork, images, or tables/graphs. The text should be organized into four section headings as follows:
Please adhere to the following text guidelines:
- Introduction - A brief statement about the purpose of the study and pertinent background.
- Methods - The method(s) of study or data collection employed.
- Results - A summary of study research including sufficient details to support your conclusions.
- Conclusion/Implications - A statement explaining the significance of your work and the implications for further research, practice and/or policy.
- Spell out symbols for “less than” and “greater than.”
- Use hard return for the title, headings, and to end a paragraph.Do not use right justify or center text.
- Use the appropriate letters and numbers (e.g., 0 –zero vs. the letter O)
- Use only one space after colons and periods.
Provide contact information for each author. All authors are limited to three (3) abstracts submissions. No more than six (6) authors should be listed on an abstract and include:
- At least one ACOG member with an ACOG ID listed.
- A designated presenting author (can be the same as the primary, but both must be listed).
- Any additional secondary authors, as long as the total does not exceed six. Contact information for secondary authors must include their full name with degrees and their own unique email address for inclusion on the abstract.
- The applicant submitting the abstract is responsible for providing all of the authors’ disclosures during submission.
Please ensure accuracy of your contact information and review the abstract for grammar, spelling and punctuation prior to submission. Abstract information cannot be altered after the submission site is closed. Please save your login and password as you will need them to edit/view submitted abstracts. Please print a copy of your abstract for your records. Incomplete abstracts will NOT be considered for presentation. Please note that the type of presentation (oral or poster) selected during the submission process is a request only.
To begin the abstract submission process, please click the link “Submit an Abstract for Consideration” below. To edit/view submitted abstracts click the link "Edit/View Submitted Abstracts."
Deadline: Friday, September 19, 2014 at 5:00 pm EDT
Click below to return to acog.org